Vegan Chocolate Bars: Still Creamy, Still Delicious!
Craving a delightfully more-ish chocolate bar? Well, you’ve come to the right place! The vegan world is positively brimming with delectable dairy-free chocolate bars to sink your sweet tooth into.
1) Vego Chocolate is possibly the most famous vegan chocolate brand, taking the world by storm with their hazelnut chocolate spreads and bars. They only makes a select few products, but you can really tell that they dedicate themselves to perfecting these showstoppers. Vego use real Italian hazelnut paste, cocoa cream and whole hazelnuts to produce their delicious treats, all of which are organic, Fairtrade, vegan and gluten-free!
2) Now – let’s talk about Moo Free! This multi-award winning, ethical, family-owned UK company was founded in 2010 by a husband and wife team. Moo Free uses high-quality and natural ingredients to produce their delicious vegan chocolate! They have their very own factory which ensures no cross-contamination happens – making Moo Free perfect for those with dairy, gluten or soya allergies. Better yet, Moo Free factories send zero waste to landfill! Not only are Moo Free bars delicious, but they’re also made with ethics in mind. Tasty Moo Free bars include flavours like Cinder Toffee, Sea Salt & Caramel, Crunchy Banana, Cranberry Hazelnut – and Moo Free even make their own vegan Easter eggs during springtime.
3) iChoc is another popular vegan brand that makes their creamy chocolate bars using rice milk. According to iChoc, ‘vegan has to mean more than just free from animal products’ – which is why they take care to make sure every aspect of their chocolate treats are ethical. iChoc bars are packaged in eco-friendly packaging, are made from organic ingredients and all cocoa is sourced from farmers who are paid fair wages. Delicious iChoc flavours include Almond Orange, Choco Cookie, White Nougat and White Vanilla!
4) We’ve got to mention Go Max Go – if you haven’t tried these bars yet, you’re missing out! Go Max Go is an American brand that strives to make chocolate bars that are just as good as their classic counterparts. The Jokerz bar, for example, is very similar to Snickers and Cleo Peanut Butter Cups (in both dark and white chocolate!) are just as delicious as Reese’s. Other popular bars are their coconut-y Mahalo bar, crunchy Snap bar and the nougat-y, caramel-y Twilight bar. Go Max Go only uses Certified Fairtrade cocoa and sources from countries where international labour standards are practiced. These bars are hard to come by on this side of the pond, but luckily enough you can buy vegan chocolate bars online!
5) Another great vegan chocolate to try is Ombar Coconut Bars. These raw chocolate bars are made from natural, minimally processed ingredients to create a healthy chocolate treat! Organic Ombar chocolate bars come in a variety of flavours – Raspberry & Coconut, Cranberry & Mandarin, Blueberry & Acai, Strawberry Mylk and more!
6) Last but certainly not least, there’s Loving Earth Coconut Mylk Chocolate! Loving Earth’s vision is to take the manufacturing of their chocolate back to indigenous communities, which is why their cocoa is sourced from small producer communities around the world. These organic chocolate bars are made from whole food ingredients and come in flavours like Almond & Maple, Banoffee Bang Bang, Salted Caramel and Creamy Coconut – plus so much more! Loving Earth bars come in three different varieties: large bars, small bars and chocolate chunk bars.
There are so, so many delicious vegan chocolate bars out there – you’ll be so busy trying them all you won’t have time to even think about traditional milk chocolate! Whether you want rich dark chocolate, creamy ‘milk’ chocolate or healthy raw chocolate, you’re sure to find the perfect bar for you.
- Gabriella Rodriguez