Our Eco Statement
At TheVeganKind, we care deeply about the environment and the impact we have on the planet as a company. We believe that the small changes we can make within our business can help make a difference and hopefully inspire our customers and those around us. We are always looking for ways to lower our carbon footprint and become more sustainable through our practices and policies.
If you have any questions or suggestions please do pop and email over to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to discuss this with you!
- Our TheVeganKind branded outer boxes are made of fully recycled materials and are also recyclable – we kindly ask that our customers recycle (or reuse) these 😊
- These boxes are specially made with numerous cutdowns so we’re able to alter the size of the box to snuggly fit the size of the order
- This not only reduces the amount of paper stuffing required, but also reduces the space needed to transport our orders by freeing up space in our courier’s vans and reducing our carbon footprint, yay!
- This also ensures that your goodies are kept safe in their box 😊
- When orders are received in other brands’ boxes with a TheVeganKind ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ sticker, this box has been reused from one of our deliveries
- The paper stuffing inside orders is fully recycled and recyclable
- We wrap all our delicate items in a paper bubble wrap which is recycled and recyclable
- If you receive items which are wrapped in green bubble wrap, this is biodegradable 😊
- All other bubble wrap used in orders has been reused from one of our deliveries
- When cleaning products or toiletries are wrapped in a blue bag, this is biodegradable 😊
- We use craft paper tape to seal all our big cardboard boxes to further reduce the plastic in our deliveries and to help make the boxes easier to recycle 😊
- If your order comes with plastic tape, this is old tape stock being used up!
- The ice packs used inside chilled orders can either be emptied and recycled, or refrozen and reused repeatedly, yay!
- These are great to pop in your own chill bags or packed lunch bags for day trips, or to keep in the freezer as an emergency ice pack for injuries
Chilled Packaging & Return Scheme
- As the foil insulated bags used for our chilled orders can’t be recycled, customers can send these back to us for free!
- Simply collect 5 orders’ worth of chill bags and ice packs and pop an email over to email@example.com and we’ll give you a free shipping label to post this via Royal Mail 😊
- We work with DPD for the delivery of our supermarket orders because they have an amazing carbon neutral commitment and offset their carbon emissions by financing renewable and cleaner energy production projects. Learn more about this here - https://www.dpd.co.uk/content/about_dpd/csr.jsp
- On the rare occasion that an item is needing to be replaced in an order, we kindly ask if our customers would be okay with a refund due to the environmental impact of shipping a single item. If this is possible, this is greatly appreciated! 😊
- TheVeganKind are always actively looking for new products to increase their amazing Eco Living range which is full of sustainable household items and reusable essential on the go items. Check it out here - https://www.thevegankindsupermarket.com/collections/eco-living
- We’re always so excited when we get samples sent in which are plastic free, compostable or biodegradable. When products have excessive packaging, this will always be fed back to the manufacturer and we’ll put pressure on them to source more sustainable packaging